Saturday, May 17, 2014

Money and Margaritas.....

Well, My weight is a little up today, but I"m glad I decided to take measurements too because I have lost an inch. Between Mother's Day and Mr. Man's birthday last week, I didn't really have as many good days as I would have hoped.

Started with a trip to take The Boy to the movies to go see The Amazing Spiderman 2. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed ourselves a great deal, but mindlessly noshing on movie theater popcorn and sharing a coke with Mr. Man wasn't great for my weight. Then there was take out Chinese for Mother's day, 2 birthday cakes and after work cocktails last night. 

All of the overindulgence has led me to believe that I cannot trust myself when it comes to judging what is and is not a good choice in the heat of the moment yet. I am a slave to immediate gratification, a state of being that has been honed after years of giving into temptation followed by deprivation and an inevitable bout of gluttony. My mind tries to justify and condone eating things I know to be bad for my health. 

For Mother's day I finally entered the 21st century and got my first smart phone. I went withthe Galaxy S5 (major upgrade from my LG envy) and downloaded an app to keep a food diary in, it even has a bar code scanner to quickly add nutrition info into the diary. So I'm going to track my food for a couple of weeks to keep me honest and thoughtful about what it is I'm eating. Hopefully if I have to log it into my phone I'll think twice about eating nutritionally empty food.

Money is also going to be tight for the next few weeks. I spent a LOT last week. In addition to my new phone, we also got one for Mr. Man and YaYa. And since Verizon was running a promotion we got 2 free tablets that weren't really free because we had to pay activation fees for the phone numbers they gave us to go with them. And I paid for The Boy's summer camp (5 weeks for the low low price of $800!) so I could get the early registration discount. Not to mention a trip to the movies these days for a family of 3 is over $50 easy....

SO tomorrow I am going to Aldi's for my weekly shopping. I used to go there much more often but since our budget has improved I've been going more and more to the regular grocery store which is way more expensive. I also think that I was eating better when I shopped Aldi's because they don't have as many convenient foods or shiny packages and end cap displays all designed to make me eat foods I've decided I don't want to eat any more. I have to buy more ingredients and put more effort into cooking meals when I'm shopping there so it's naturally more conducive to keeping me mindful of what I'm consuming.


So for the week-
Weight - 251.4
Waist - 42
Hips -51
Bust -46
Thighs - 28
Arms - 17



2 comments:

  1. Hi Xina,
    I'm following you from the Real Fat and Friends site on Facebook. Good for you for beginning a journey toward better health. :) I just got a Samsung Galaxy S5 as well. I'm still trying to figure it out! Keep on keeping on - you CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ran across your blog....where are you?!?!? Keep posting...no matter what!

    ReplyDelete